Don’t you love dishes that look like they are complicated and fancy, when that couldn’t be further from the truth (well the complicated part, at least!)? This is a great dish to wow company, or for a special at-home date night. Make sure to find fresh green beans as they are the key to this recipe!
- 1 ½ pounds fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 pound bacon, cut in half crosswise
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Grease a 10×15 inch baking dish and set aside.
- Wrap 8 or 9 green beans with a strip of bacon and place seam side down in prepared dish. Repeat until all the beans have been wrapped.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, garlic, and soy sauce in a small bowl. Pour over green beans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 40 minutes, or until bacon and green beans are browned and crispy.
Makes: 6 servings