Celebrate Super Bowl Sunday or any game day with some fun treats that kids and adults alike can enjoy! These cookies freeze well and are simple to make ahead of time, causing you less stress on game day. If your kids aren’t really into watching the game, the kids could make these cookies on game day.
If you don’t have time to make homemade icing, store bought will be just as good (and easier)!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (plus extra for dusting)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Cover and refrigerate dough for at least one hour, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Turn out dough onto surface dusted with cocoa powder. Roll dough out 1/4 inch thick. Cut into shapes with cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
- Pipe lacing on with white buttercream icing.