Who doesn’t love a good cheese ball? I love making them because 1) they’re easy and can be made ahead of time, and 2) they easily feed a crowd. This one gets extra fun points because it’s perfect for the Super Bowl Sunday!
If you already have a favorite cheese ball recipe, you can use that and then finish it using the steps below to shape it like a football.
- 1 1/2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Tobasco
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Set aside 1 tbsp cream cheese for the lacing.
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese, garlic, Worcestershire and Tobasco until smooth and creamy.
- Add green onions and cheese, beat until combined.
- Form the mixture into a football shape (this is easy if you use wax paper) and place on a plate.
- Press the pecans into the top and sides of the “football”.
- Place the reserved cream cheese in a piping bag (or ziploc bag with a corner cut out). Warm with your hands until it is easy to pipe. Pipe lacing onto the cheese ball.
What’s your favorite game day appetizer?