We can make life and marriage far too complicated at times. Learn how one simple task can help you improve your life and marriage.
Even if you’re not planning to be a “real warrior, battle-hardened [Navy] SEAL,” Admiral McRaven explains at a University of Texas, Austin commencement speech why making your bed everyday may be the best way to start off your day.
If you make your bed every morning, you will have accomplished the first task of the day. It will give you a small sense of pride and encourage you to do another task and then another. By the end of the day, that one completed task will turn into many completed tasks. Making your bed will also reinforce the fact that the little things in life matter. If you can’t do the little things right, you’ll never be able to do the big things right.
And if by chance, you have a miserable day, you will come home to a bed that is made – that you made! And a made bed gives you encouragement that tomorrow will be better. If you want to change the world, start by making your bed.
This Week's Articles Read, learn, live
- Back to school shopping: It’s OK to say “No” to your kids
- Family leadership: Becoming a successful and effective parent leader
- How to discuss Alzheimer’s and dementia with your children
- Parenting: 3 Things that matter more than discipline
- Parenting your children to own their place in the world
- Make your marriage a priority and your kids benefit