Chaos can be defined in many ways. Some may call it noise, while others may call it distractions. Chaos can also affect your health if not managed correctly. In order to reduce the chaos in your health you must be in tune with your body. Yes, you must listen to your body!
The biggest problem today is that many want a quick fix for all their problems including their health issues. To be completely honest and frank, there isn’t a quick fix for anything in your life and most importantly your health. In order to succeed in any aspect of your life, you must put in the time and work hard. Yes, work hard!
If you want to live a healthier lifestyle you must do more than ‘want’; you must take the necessary steps. Living a healthier lifestyle doesn’t occur overnight but don’t be discouraged. A healthy lifestyle can also be defined differently hence the chaos. Confusion can lead to extreme chaos in your life. That particular confusion must be clarified in order to think clearly and make the correct choices for you.
As much as you may want to lose weight or change your eating habits you must listen to your body. Not everyone is built to be an athlete, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t include physical activity into your lifestyle. Not everyone is built to be thin, but that doesn’t mean you should indulge in fatty or calorie-filled foods. The first step is to accept yourself for who you are! The next step is to understand how your body is built and make the choices to live a happier and healthier lifestyle. Experiment with different physical activities and different foods, you may be surprised at the choices available.
Moderation is the key to healthier lifestyle, not elimination. The chaos comes into play when you try to eliminate all the ‘bad’. It is perfectly fine to treat yourself to something sweet if your body is craving it. Notice how I mentioned your ‘body craving it’ and not ‘your mind craving it’. When you are completely in tune with your body, you will be able to discern the signals.
How do you reduce the chaos?
- Stop comparing yourself with others and look in the mirror. Accept yourself and your body.
- Don’t ignore your body signals – Headaches, stomach pains, stress are some examples.
- Determine your health goals – Menu and physical activity included.
- Involve others in your health goals. It’s always easier to have accountability partners.
- Take baby steps towards those goals. Rome wasn’t built in a day!
- Breathe and smile.
The chaos in your life can be controlled once you are aware of it. Taking control of your health is your responsibility; it is your body and no one knows it better than you! Once you aware of the chaos, you can then take the necessary measures to control it and before you know it you will be reducing it as well. Turning chaos into clarity is possible. Start with your health!
This Week's Articles Read, learn, live
- Weight regain? – 5 Strategies to handle a setback
- Love and fear: 10 Points teenage girls should know about love
- 5 Reasons why pets are good for your health and happiness
- Navy SEAL admiral shares why one simple task can help you change the world
- 2 Major steps to anger management
- In times of tragedy, keep your kids close (by letting go of control)