The average person has approximately 100,000 strands of hair on their head. You lose about 50 to 100 strands of hair per day, and that’s on a good day! The color of your hair affects how many strands you actually have. For example, blonde-haired people have more strands than red-haired or dark-haired people. You can lose more hair if you are dieting, have a hormone imbalance or experience frequent stress.
Women are experiencing more hair loss now than ever before. Stress is the most common reason. In fact, researchers are discovering more ways in which stress can damage overall health, so it’s important to learn to relax. Try deep breathing or visualization to unwind in stressful situations. It’s also a good idea to check with your doctor for other health issues. Your body and your hair will love you for it.
This Week's Articles Read, learn, live
- Back to school shopping: It’s OK to say “No” to your kids
- Family leadership: Becoming a successful and effective parent leader
- How to discuss Alzheimer’s and dementia with your children
- Parenting: 3 Things that matter more than discipline
- Parenting your children to own their place in the world
- Make your marriage a priority and your kids benefit