The average person has approximately 100,000 strands of hair on their head. You lose about 50 to 100 strands of hair per day, and that’s on a good day! The color of your hair affects how many strands you actually have. For example, blonde-haired people have more strands than red-haired or dark-haired people. You can lose more hair if you are dieting, have a hormone imbalance or experience frequent stress.
Women are experiencing more hair loss now than ever before. Stress is the most common reason. In fact, researchers are discovering more ways in which stress can damage overall health, so it’s important to learn to relax. Try deep breathing or visualization to unwind in stressful situations. It’s also a good idea to check with your doctor for other health issues. Your body and your hair will love you for it.
This Week's Articles Read, learn, live
- Smoothly transition back to school
- 3 Tips for attending college on the cheap
- Plant-based nutrients required for healthy, glowing skin (and smoothie recipes)
- 7 Steps to maintain class and control through any life challenge
- 13 Ways to help your kids cope with divorce
- Guidelines for a healthy plate and tips for plating your food like a pro