Please join us for a Twitter party to celebrate National Water Safety Month
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) estimates that nearly 300 children younger than five drown in swimming pools and spas each year and more than 3,200 that age go to hospital emergency rooms due to non-fatal submersion injuries. An unknown number of these hospitalizations result in permanent disability, including brain damage. These deaths and injuries are preventable.
CPSC and the Pool Safely campaign convey a simple and important message: Adding extra safety steps in and around pools and spas can make all the difference. You never know which safety step will save a life…until it does.
Our goal is to encourage moms and families to adopt additional proven water safety steps and join a national conversation about pool and spa safety by sharing best practices and other life-saving information.
Source: National Water Safety Month
Twitter Party Details
Date: Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Time: 9 p.m. – 10 p.m. Eastern / 6 p.m. – 7 p.m. Pacific
(Need help finding your time zone?)
Join the party using our customized #Momiverse Tweetgrid link.
RSVP and learn more about the Giveaway.
This Week's Articles Read, learn, live
- 10 Ways to teach your children about internal discipline
- 5 Ways to press forward during life’s challenges
- 3 Tips for getting rid of mom guilt for good (your own good)
- The idiosyncrasies of siblings: Things only siblings understand #Video
- 5 Ways to teach kids to organize their rooms
- Sex education 2.0: 7 Ways to teach children about the birds and bees