Please join us for a Twitter chat to celebrate National Wear Red Day and American Heart Month!
February 1, 2013 is National Wear Red Day® and also the 10th anniversary of the Go Red for Women® movement. Join us as we work together to raise awareness about the No. 1 killer of all women – heart disease.
According to the American Heart Association, women should learn the factors that increase our risk for heart disease and determine our own risk. Here are a few facts:
- Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women, and is more deadly than all forms of cancer combined.
- Heart disease kills one in three women each year – that’s approximately one woman every minute.
- Heart disease doesn’t affect all women alike, and the warning signs for women may be different than in men.
- 1 in 31 American women dies from breast cancer each year, one in three dies of heart disease.
Twitter Party Details
Date: Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Time: 9 p.m. – 10 p.m. Eastern / 6 p.m. – 7 p.m. Pacific
(Need help finding your time zone?)
Join the party using our customized #HeartThrobs Tweetgrid link.
- Red compacts and bracelets from the American Heart Association’s Go Red For Women movement
- Women’s heart healthy guides from the American Heart Association’s Go Red For Women movement
- An autographed copy of Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum’s Heart Book: Every Woman’s Guide to a Heart-Healthy Life
No need to RSVP!
Just show up and participate for a chance to earn prizes!
To be eligible to win prizes, please follow:
Help us spread this message by copying and sharing the following post on Twitter or Facebook:
Join @HollyPavlika @TheMomiverse @GirlsLunchOut @CollectiveBias 2/5 9pm ET to talk heart health #heartthrobs http://bit.ly/Vz5GSo